Our Guest Mix series features mixes by artists and musicians from in and around the Southeast Asian region. In our first episode of the series, we feature Azfar from Malaysian band LUST.
A note from Azfar:
The mix is a selection of song I come back to time to time when I’m looking for solace and comfort. To end the day, or to keep going — there’s always something there for me. It was from a pool of songs I curated in an all-women playlist (or identify as), an idea I got when a friend of mine mentioned how a feminine voice just hits “differently”. It’s true.
“A Woman’s Voice Has That Certain Quality”
- Cindy Lee – Wandering and Solitude
- Solange – Losing You
- Little Dragon – Paris
- Jessie Ware – If You’re Never Gonna Move
- Jayda G – Both of Us – Edit
- Empress Of – Woman is a Word
- Mr Twin Sister – I Want a House
- The Velvet Underground, Nico – I’ll Be Your Mirror
- Subsonic Eye – Fruitcake
- Sonic Youth – What A Waste
- PJ Harvey – The Words That Maketh Murder
- Cate Le Bon – Are You With Me Now?
- Animal Collective – Prospect Hummer
- The Venopian Solitude – Narcissus
- Nico – These Days